2013-01-22

Dior, fascination (1)..


In one way or another, we all perceive beauty starting from an idealistic lifestyle. We all long for an easy life, where worries have no place in, where we can feel freedom to the fullest. We need to enjoy the environment, feel content about what we do. We desire to be captivating, by spirit as well as looks, and be ourselves idealized by others. The eternal fascination for esthetics..

For me, idealization starts with the famous "la dolce vita". It brings to life so many memories of so much relaxation, when all you feel like doing is savour an ice cream, while strolling by the busy streets of a classy european city.

I believe that in the matter of beauty elements, the perfume wearing the same name by Dior, manages to recreate that eternal sweet vibration, simple by nature, but full of meaning.

When we say the word Dior, we think about the fascination of luxury. All its creation, be they related to fashion, cosmetics or fragrances, inspire that easy living, careless living. However, further from appearence, all Dior beauty products I've tried so far, are above average, in terms of performance.

I'll try and make a short review for what I've had and/or tested.


Dolce Vita - sweet perfume, a classic oldies but goldies, I would categorize for spring-summer. Its sweet notes make you think of small candies you had as a child. The perfume is quite persistent, thanks to its base notes, relatively discrete, with medium sillage. Perfect suited for the office, I'd say.


Dior Blush - best blush I've owned so far. Extremely resistent - it's enough to apply it in the morning, and in the evening I still have it on me. Pigmentation is average, and 2-3 layers are necessary in order to obtain the desired effect. But then again, quantity is more than enough. I've had it for a year now, and I'm sure it will last me for another one, given that I wear it in about 70% of the cases. However, I don't know who manages to finish a blush. Eventually you want to try something else, right? The color I own is 943 - Strawberry Sorbet. I see no negative sides of this product, except for the price.


Dior Skin Forever - Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup FPS 25 - great foundation, suitable for problem skin as well. It has medium to high coverage. For critical periods, however, it doesn't work miracles. You still have to use a very good concealer, which goes with the foundation. Resistance is high, when I take off my makeup in the evening I have to really wipe my face thoroughly.
Negative side: it has to be applied relatively fast, once out of the recipient, as it dries off quite quickly and it might leave you with some uneven marks. I also had some problems in finding the right shade for me (NC 20-25). Price is quite high.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments