2013-01-30

Undisputable, Estee Lauder (1)


In previous posts I mentioned the fascination for Dior products, especially in what concerns fashion collections, accessories, perfumes and make-up. Today, it's time for a brand that made a name for itself especially through skincare and make-up products. I'm talking about Estee Lauder.

Advanced Night Repair - By the time I was a teenager, I found out that Estee Lauder was one of the favorite brands used by women, with some financial means, investing in their own wrinkle prevention and correction battles. This memory sticked with me and years later, it was one of the reasons I found myself, at some point, testing the brand's star product in this matter. I don't have any wrinkles, but hydration and clear skin have always been my top two concerns. I enjoyed using the serum in the evening, sometimes every other day, as my skin was perfectly hydrated and clear. I used the entire bottle and am thinking of re-buying it in the near future. Minuses: it is very expensive. But in this case, even a small drop can bring you the benefits you're hoped for. In the end, I have to say that for the money spent, you get very good quality. 
Rate 10/10.

Double Wear Stay in Place Make-up - it was the first long wear foundation I ever had (before Diorskin). It has a medium-high coverage and I didn't have to worry that it would end up on my clothes or phone during the day. I thought it was excellent - in terms of application and matte-natural finish (at least for the first hours since application). Minuses: the shade was not perfectly suited for my complexion, and I couldn't find anything else in the shade range that would. Another issue was that during the day, my face started to shine (combination skin) and I had to use powder or blotting sheets for correction. SPF is not higher than 10, and it needs to be compensated by a higher SPF cream. The price is, of course, substantial. However, overall, I have to say that there is good quality for the money spent. 
Rate 9/10.

Pure Lip Gloss - or another reason that I cannot pronounce myself to be a gloss fan. For different reasons: given that I was attracted by the product, the color, the effect - more or less shiny, I tried glosses many times, from different brands (high end or not). They seem suitable to people who are not on the run, they're very meticulous and attentive with their own image. Perfectionists! :) Personally, even if the gloss comes in such a nice wrapping, has such a fine texture, it smells soooo good and applies on easily, I only see the downside effects. Minuses: the gloss in excess gathers up, in a en-aesthetic manner obviously, on the lips, or lips corner. Color becomes irrelevant, as it only lasts a maxim 30 minutes for anyone to see it. Objectively, it is not that different from other glosses, and this is my personal opinion only! The product is just as performing as other similar products from MAC, Revlon, Lancome, etc.
Rate 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments