2013-01-24

Dior, fascination (2)..


As promised, I'll go on with the reviews for Dior products tried and/or tested up to this moment.

Pure Poison - is the first Dior fragrance I ever had and which I adored from the start, and to which I always came back, each time I finish a bottle. Despite its fresh opening notes, the perfume is not a light one. After 30 minutes it's been sprayed on, it transforms to a long lasting sandalwood - orange blossom - jasmine embrace (at least on my skin). It lasts and lasts. Although, personally I never experienced it, I believe it's one one of the fragrances which has a solid chance of being criticized at working place, by more sensitive colleagues. It's best worn during autumn and spring (chilly air). For summer, it might be a little too heavy.
Rate 10/10.

Diorskin Nude - Natural Glow Radiant Foundation SPF 10 (discontinued) - a very good foundation, in terms of texture and finish, but suitable for a non-problem skin. It has sheer to light coverage, which makes it compulsory to also use a concealer in order to correct eventual problems.
Minuses: I wouldn't recommend it to people with combination to oily skin. After a few hours, it starts to shine, and requires powder or blotting paper adjustment. Also, the level of SPF is too small. The new formula for Diorskin Nude has SPF 15, which represents a small enhancement, but not even close to its cousin, Diorkin Forever (reviewed here). Another minus is its price, too high relative to quality.
Rate 8/10.

Diorshow Waterproof Mascara - I only had it once, and would not repurchase it, unless the formula improves/changes. I believe that it just didn't suit me, but the overall impression was that it was about the same level of a LĂ“real mascara, and consequently being overpriced for its quality. Pigmentation was strong, but the brush was a bit large and difficult to use, often leading to clumps, which I struggled to correct.
Rate 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments