2013-02-13

Elegant, Classic, Chanel (1)


The little black dress, tweed suit, quilted leather bag and the first designer fragrance ever, these are a few of the key elements of the Coco Chanel legacy. These items mark feminist emancipation and are relevant both by conveyed inspired attitude as well by setting ground rules for eternal classic. Or in other words, what does the image below suggest you? :)

The minimalist style, combined sometimes with trend setting elements has "suffered" dramatic changes over time, especially under creative executive director, the one and only, world wide recognizable, Karl Lagerfeld. His last collection, which I invited you to see in one of my previous posts, brings in foreground both Goth accents by poise and cut (wide shoulders and impression of elongated neck, long and rich materials for dresses and shoes, feathers as accessories, etc) as well as contrasting light elements (shiny and glittery fabrics, sequin materials). In order to better visualize, I insert some of the haute couture assembles which I especially liked.



Consecrated as a luxury brand, firstly by clothing, accessories and jewelry line, imposing an innovative and yet classic style, Chanel holds its own in what concerns cosmetics as well. Their fragrances are unequaled and, with few exceptions only, I can say that I tried/had them all and fully enjoyed.
In my opinion, the star fragrance remains, for the moment, Coco Mademoiselle, whose recent image is none other than Keira Knightley. 

Coco Mademoiselle - speaking for myself, I just cannot not have a bottle of this perfume in my closet, be it open or not. Lacking it simply brings me to a genuine panic attack :). It's one of the perfumes that fits me like a glove and is in top 5 perfumes which I HAVE TO HAVE always! The smell superbly debuts with citric notes, followed by a splendid pleading of roses and mimosa. These middle notes mingle wonderfully with base notes, predominant patchouli in my case. The smell lasts and lasts on my skin at least until the following day. Sometimes I can smell it in my hair, even a few days later...
Rate 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments