2013-02-11

Undisputable, Estee Lauder (2)


Daywear - Advanced Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme - I have to admit that, from the skincare product category, this is a moisturizer that hasn't really impressed me with anything, and it balanced more likely to disappointing. It just didn't seem to be suited for my skin type, although it was meant for normal/combination skin. Even though it sinked into the skin when applied, after a few hours my face started shining. In light of past mistakes and current experience, I think that it probably would have been best to wrap it, put it aside and use it during cold weather, and it might have proved to be more efficient. In the end, all I can say is that it is just a regular daytime moisturizer, with a relatively medium SPF. I would definitely not recommend it for summer time, when you'd have to apply an additional layer of SPF (of at least 30). Minuses: expensive moisturizer, medium benefit, low quality for the money spent.
Rate 6/10.

Double Wear - Maximum Cover - I mentioned in previous posts that my complexion is rather problematic, sensitive and acne prone. I had some experiences when I literally didn't know what else to use in order to cover spots, scars or pimples. Then, one of my colleagues from work suggested using this foundation, which was regularly used by her daughter, with the same purpose. Didn't take me more than a day to look up the product and purchase it. And because it's been more than 3 years since that time, so a lot of water under the bridge has passed, I can be amused and criticize the rookie mistake I made. The shade I bought was faaar from being suitable! :) Very light. My complexion is indeed light, but it has a yellow undertone, perfect with NW20 or NW25 from MAC, so no way it is the lightest shade from the Estee Lauder's color range. I do believe that that particular moment was the time I first learned that it is extremely important to see in natural light what is the exact color of the foundation and if it matches your face. :) In the end, I used the foundation mixed with Double Wear Stay in Place, and the result was acceptable. I recommend Maximum Cover to anyone with pigmentation issues, and in what concerns pimples, all I gotta say is that there is NO MIRACLE WORKING foundation (if there is, please, let me know!!). This product is excellent for perfect covering, very resistant, even during torrid summer days or gym class. Minuses: due to the matte, powdery finish, I think it should be applied with consideration on larger skin areas, or at least, in combination with a moisturizer/foundation with a natural finish. Otherwise, the outcome could be rather strange (mask effect). Before application, moisturize the patches of skin that need to be covered, as the product might dry out excessively flaky skin.
Rate 9/10.
Mascara - Sumptuous Bold Volume - This mascara I only had once, in the past (so without testing the newest formula) and can't say that I would buy it again unless the formula changed in a good way (and the entire blogosphere would rave about it). I was not impressed by the final effect nor the color. My feeling was that black is black enough! However, the wear is good, it lasted the entire working day, without crumbling. Minuses: too expensive for the final effect.
Rate 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments