2013-02-14

Elegant, Classic, Chanel (2)


Chance - if I remember correctly, my first impression of this perfume is that it was just another version of Coco Mademoiselle. The difference between the two perfumes becomes noticeable only a few hours after applying. The sweet floral notes (rose and mimosa) are missing from this fragrance, and what remains on my skin is a strong citric note, blended with base woody, patchouli notes. It's a very nice combination in the end, but not ideal for me. It's a looong lasting perfume, just like any Chanel perfume. It can be worn during warmer days, in the spring-summer or even beginning of autumn, excellent for the office.
Rate 10/10.

Beaute Initiale Energizing Multi-protection Cream SPF 15 - from Chanel Beaute Initiale range of moisturizers, I think that only the eye cream is still left (and I'm going to talk about it in one of the future posts). This cream was apparently taken out last year (?) and the only reason might be that it didn't rise to expectations, correct? In short, the cream was hydrating and was an excellent makeup base, although, while using it, I noticed some small skin problems (clogged pores!). I didn't identify any other significant skin changes, be they for the better or worse :). Minuses: in my case, there was no skin firming or improvement of luminosity, and for a simple moisturizer the price is simply too high. Jar packaging is totally not indicated.
Rate 7/10.

Teint Innocence - or another one of the Chanel discontinued products. I don't really understand why this one was not continued (or was it replaced by Vitalumiere, or another one of the Chanel foundations?). The formula was very silky, easy to apply, with a semi-matte, natural finish, of light to medium coverage. Perfect for combination to oily skin. Its resistance was very good, with an SPF adequate for lower sun intensity /exposure days. While I used it, I had no significant skin problem. Minuses: SPF could have been higher, appropriate for summer time as well. Using the liquid right out of the bottle can be difficult and it would have been for the best if it came with a pump.
Rate 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments